Music Banter - View Single Post - Should US Legalize Marijuana?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 08:28 PM   #298 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

That's very nice, FB. I don't think it's a good idea for the US to legalize marijuana and you immediately connect that with extremist super-commy thinking about the government having to remove all freedoms of american citizens and the man not having a duty to prohibit everything which is not good. Do you know how incredibly exaggerating and paranoid your post comes across to me?

Not legalizing does not equal the US government stripping away all commodities and freedoms from US citizens. How are you even supposed to be able to feasibly discuss politics if you jump the gun like that every time someone makes an argument for prohibition? You'd think I was supporting concentration camps. If I was to use your way of arguing, I could say that legalizing pot will eventually lead to legalization of all other freedoms like rape and murder. Oh wait, that wouldn't really make sense, would it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali
P.S. "Children that neglect schoolwork because they smoked pot"??? Are you serious? You have to be kidding me....
Please don't tell me you took that "Because I got High" song seriously.
Maybe you should learn how to read between the lines. The example was merely meant to illustrate that negative effects of marijuana on society doesn't just come in the shape of things that reduce physical and/or mental health. It can be many small and even trivial things.