Music Banter - View Single Post - Nevermind, let's talk about the same handful of bands that suck ad nauseum
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 01:46 AM   #143 (permalink)
Odyshape
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
Heh, I don't like "Slaughter of the Soul". I think "The Red in the Sky is Ours" is the best At the Gates album. Slaughter ventured too far into conventional hard rock song structure for me. That should make clear why I dislike Dark Tranquility and In Flames as well.

Demilich aren't that obscure; considering the music they played, I think it's rather amazing they're as well known as they are. I posted this else where, but I rarely like the psychedellic/metal hybrids, and most of the material put out by Amorphis falls in that category. Anyways, I'd say they're as progressive/technical as Tool or Mastodon, but far more enjoyable to listen to.

Hate 'em.

It's not a matter of being "especially talented", but maintaing basic proficiency with instruments. "Do They Owe Us A Living?" sounds no different from a bunch of hippies beating on bongos while shouting red propaganda.
Why? Music is about freedom, something very special and besides Crass was not held back by their musical abilities. Sometimes people forget that art requires a lot from a person and that it is influenced by everything about them including their musical abilities and think that by simply being better at their technique they will become better artists.
Odyshape is offline   Reply With Quote