Music Banter - View Single Post - Ambient, industrial, noise, etc...
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 10:52 AM   #31 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

You know, I thought about that too before I listened. So I checked RYM to see what the original track listing was and the default listing showed 16 tracks. And it's actually the only listing, which is surprising because the site is usually pretty accurate with tape, vinyl, CD, import and whatever listings with track lists. Had I seen the shorter original track list, I would have done what you did and just played 1-12. That could definitely be a factor. I should have checked discogs.com.

Damn CD bonus tracks. I wish they'd at least always identify them as bonus tracks. I didn't find out until last year some time that early Skinny Puppy albums and Aphex Twin's RDJ Album were loaded with bonus tracks on the CDs. I always thought SP's Bites and Remission were long albums when in reality, Bites had 9 tracks (17 on the CD) and Remission was a 6-track EP (11 on the CD). The original UK release of RDJ Album was 10 tracks and the original US release was 15 tracks. I've ranted about this elsewhere on the forum before.

Fuck bonus tracks...just put them on an EP or something.