Music Banter - View Single Post - Is a Computer an Instrument?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 06:49 AM   #42 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Hello again,

Ok, this really is getting way too complicated for what is really a simple question. We are starting to trip over our own points here.. It really is getting to the stage where we can't see the woods for the 3's, ha, ha...

Some folks are gonna think one way and myself and others are gonna see it the right way.... joking there..... Really, there is no right or wrong way, what the hell does it matter as long as it produces decent sounding music !

Simple point: A computer in the hands of a talented artist can produce real art but it doesn't make it a paint brush.

We did agree on the main point, you said that a computer is nothing but a tool. That's what it is. A tool that can be used by a musician to make music.

Take care and have a great weekend, Gordon.

Back to my guitar and djembe for some more music making...really..

No, we DIDNT agree on the main point. I spent a paragraph explaining how we didn't agree on the main point.

NOTHING has a FIXED definition of WHAT it IS. All meaning, reference, understanding and concepts of being, are CONTEXTUAL.

Without everything that exists AROUND an object to give it meaning, the object itself HAS no meaning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote