Music Banter - View Single Post - Funeral Protesters
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #39 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
A few comments came to mind as I read this. I don't really want to derail this thread further, so I'm not really expecting answers to these questions. I just wanted to throw them out there as food for thought:
  • What makes you think God "has to take action"? God doesn't have to do anything. He could just as easily be eternally forgiving of transgressions instead of being wrathful toward those transgressors.
  • Considering that God, being perfect and all-powerful, would have known exactly how humans would behave when he made them, is it really reasonable for him to punish them for following the nature he gave them? When, say, a car has a dangerous design flaw, is it the fault of the individual vehicles or is it the fault of the manufacturer?
  • What about all the little kids and babies God killed with the flood? Are we as readers of this story really supposed to believe they were evil and worthy of death?
True.
If he's all knowing, then he created existence knowing exactly how many people will die, suffer, and make bad decisions based on "free will", so the choices would be pre-determined by virtue of his knowledge of the outcome prior to creating the circumstances. In effect, he murdered everyone who has ever died or will die and caused the suffering and all future suffering. And if someone brings up the "original sin", it's null via the fact that god knew that would happen too.
Instead of letting all the suffering happen, he could simply take it away, create peace, everybody smiling and getting blowjobs and drinking chocolate Yoohoos forever and ever amen.
But instead he says "You dudes have free will... You're free to follow my plan or not and go to hell." Meanwhile we're all down here thinking we're making our own choices and he's up there watching us like a fucking House re-run just because we're entertaining, even though he knows the horrible script and more horrible ending.

It's simple. If the biblical god exists, he's a real asshole.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote