Music Banter - View Single Post - Talk About the Passion - R.E.M.'s Discography Reviewed
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 11:34 PM   #83 (permalink)
JJJ567
Music Addict

I've listened to Out of Time on and off for a few years. It's a really solid album. It's definitely a very sunny album. I remember just randomly playing it as I walked the river front sometime last year on a very nice spring day. I still think "Shiny Happy People" was meant to be tongue-in-cheek but was somehow taken seriously by people. I like the addition of Kate Pierson on the album, due to my love of the B-52's.

I think I'm more anticipating the review of Automatic for the People. It's the album that made me (and thousands of others) fall for the band. I'm not really old enough to have been around for their IRS albums. I was really only familiar with the radio songs until a certain point in my life which I will probably go into detail after you get to the album.

I vaguely remember hearing the "Leaving New York" single when it was new. It actually wasn't until Accelerate when I heard, and then actually purchased, a whole album of theirs brand new. The rest of them I've found in thrift stores and through the local library. It's kind of sad when a band like R.E.M. seems to be donated frequently with a lot of mediocre '80's and '90's CD/vinyl collections.