Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 02:05 PM   #2521 (permalink)
scottsy
Untalented Drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedey View Post
Creedence Clearwater Revivals first five albums are one of the greatest runs of albums in the history of rock music, everyone a must have. "Creedence Clearwater Revival", "Bayou Country", "Green River", "Willie And The Poor Boys", and "Cosmo's Factory" came out in a two year period between 1968 & 1970 and even though their last couple of albums weren't all that great they did have some great tunes in "Have You Ever Seen The Rain", "Hey Tonight", "Someday Never Comes" and "Sweet Hitch-Hiker". Although not on the same level of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones or Bob Dylan, they are in the same class as groups like The Band, The Who, The Kinks and Led Zeppelin.

Where would the grunge rock movement have been without John Fogerty's flannel shirts and crunchy guitars?
There probably would have been no grunge, or some very different verswion of it! I particularly hear alot of Creedence in Pearl Jam, which figures why they sound pretty good doing a cover version of Fortunate Son...