Music Banter - View Single Post - It's been close to a year... Thoughts on Obama
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 06:05 AM   #85 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
As much as I think people going to Mars would be cool, I'm not really sure "it would be cool" is a valid enough reason to spend billions of dollars on something. As others have pointed out, there's a lot of scientific research that's a lot more important, even if it's less glamorous.
Considerating the issue of overpopulation and using up our resources, I think there's more to colonizing other planets than it just being "cool".

Space colonization, the possibility of terraforming planets, it's DEFINITELY something worth thinking about regarding the future and prsoperity of the human race. Maybe not a hundred years down the line, but I think we need to look beyond that as well.

We can ensure that things will be better for us a few 50 years down the line, but we should also think about what will happen to us several centuries or even millennia from now, that's by no means a trivial thing, even if it's not terribly urgent. It's something worth thinking about and investing research in.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 04-20-2010 at 04:28 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote