Music Banter - View Single Post - What is the size of your physical and digital music collection?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #308 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
An external HD should definetly be small enough to fit in your pocket and sturdy enough to take a drop to the floor or two or three. Otherwise, you might as well get an internal one, I think .. at least as long as cabinet space allows for it! It's cheaper and won't clutter your desk.
One of the main reasons for me to get an external hard drive was so I could easily transfer music over to friend's computers, or take it with me to a party and have a portable entertainment center. Besides music I've got TV shows, movies, a crap load of RPG books in pdf format, and quite a few comic series. No way I'm carting around my desktop every time someone wants something of mine and it's far easier than putting things onto CD's, especially with the movies and tv shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Probably, but it was about a year ago that I bought it, so it's probably a lot cheaper by now. Either way, it's definitely sturdy and portable enough to be of pretty good use.
Fair enough, I'm sure also the smaller size played a part. My TB hard drive isn't small enough to go into a pocket and has some pretty hefty weight to it, however it is certainly not monolith in size.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote