Music Banter - View Single Post - Which is the best of the progarchives top 50 prog albums from the 60s/70s?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 01:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by snacklover View Post
Harmonium are on there!?

I had no idea these guys were popular at all outside of Quebec! The only reason I know them is because they're a local band and I'm a french Canadian (from what I've gathered, not many "anglos" know of them). Their album on the list, Si on avait besoin d'une cinquième saison, is notably their best work and happens to be one of my favourite albums, along with their third studio album L'Heptade. Even though they lasted only about 5 years, they did some terrific work during that span. Serge Fiori, the band's lyricist and composer, is just genius. I strongly recommend you guys to check them out if you haven't already.

So I'm voting for their album. Followed very closely by Close to the Edge however, of course. But all of those albums are really great.
I love Harmonium Their classic Si on avait album has been on and off here the last one and a half year or so I think. It's fairly popular here, I think .. at least with the few proggers on the site. It was also included in our Introduction to prog sticky. Someone should really do a review of it.

That reminds me, we have to add KC's debut to the introduction thread placeholder post!