Music Banter - View Single Post - Nevermind, let's talk about the same handful of bands that suck ad nauseum
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #215 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaceman009 View Post
I've read this whole thread and I'm still confused... most people seem to think a band sucks, just because they think it's "cool" to say so. Alot of the bands mentioned have been extremely popular during their time(s), so they must be doing something right.

Beatles, Stones, Who, Santana, Zeppelin.... these are all Hall of Fame bands
Green Day... Grammy Award Winners
Nickelback... Platinum selling artist
Motley Crue, Poison... Icons of their genres

I'm not saying that justifies acceptance into your record collection, but you can not deny that talent must account for their success.

Ignorance and hate to musical artists that physically do you no harm is kinda weird. It's just sound and rhythms with (in most cases) words attached.... nothing more, unless you're listening to your Judas Priest vinyl backwards.

Maybe some should look at it like this... If the bands mention in this thread are that bad and truly suck, then those who judge should be able to, without a doubt, produce audio-art that is of higher quality. Right?

Let's hear your multi-platinum selling album... or just your newest single will do fine.
You know music taste is based on opinion, right? Ever heard the expression, "One man's trash is another man's treasure?"

If I think a band sucks, then it is because that is my honest opinion. If you don't, feel free to explain why. That is why this thread is here.

edit: Though if you are going to defend Nickelback, expect some nasty comments.