Music Banter - View Single Post - The Nick Drake Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #94 (permalink)
TheManInAShed
Groupie

Exclamation

When I first discovered Nick, I felt as though his music was so timeless that it could have easily been recorded just moments ago. The intertwining lyrics and haunting guitar took me on a musical journey that seemed to speak to who I really was, and since that night his music and story has been an obsession of mine that I revisit quite frequently.

Before Drake, I hadn't purchased an album in nearly five years. I felt as though it was insulting to simply leech off the internet to listen to his music, so I immediately purchased 2 albums that the local music store had in stock (including A Skin Too Few), and ordered the remaining one online.

My favorite Nick drake song always seems to change, from Parasite, to Black Eyed Dog, to Riverman, and now I find myself enjoying Man In A Shed (Outtake).

Nick Drake seems to be such an integral part of who I am, at least musically, that I am so thankful for his genius and the fact that he was willing to share it with the world. Even though he was cremated, I think one day I may fly down to visit his grave and pay respect to him.