Music Banter - View Single Post - Music from EX Yugoslavia
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #31 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqarbal View Post
Yes, but it doesn't seem to be a man's fantasy. As I've read in another YouTube's video, director is a woman: Dafne Jemersic.
I don't think the video's scenario or the song would be *anyone's* fantasy! Well...maybe if the song were about revenge...but I don't think it is...I think it is about people who hurt each other in their relationship or aren't sure they really want to be together.

Quote:
They've made an English version. It is called My Dice.
Thank you for the link! I like the original version's meaning much more than the My Dice lyrics. Still, I feel it's a good song. And the video is mesmerizing, especially when it gets to the part where she bashes this man to dust and he looks at himself after the first hit. The contrast between her gentle actions that seem tender (but really aren't) and the obvious abusive destruction is disturbing.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote