Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #1456 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
sidewinder, I love you for posting that you're seeing pinback. I ticketmastered them to find out they're playing in LA in July. So I immediately bought a ticket.
Awesome. The tour is called "Pinback Presents: The Rob and Zack Show" and they are supposedly doing things a little differently, playing their songs in a different way or something:

Quote:
However, these shows will be much different than the past 10 years that we've toured. We've decided to have some fun and present our songs in a new light. Instead of playing our songs the traditional way by having a backup band play all of our extra parts we thought it would be entertaining and fresh for just the two of us to play live. The idea is to present our music at times in a more broken down manner very similar sounding to how it might be for Rob and I when we're coming up with a song for the very first time. Hopefully, this way we can create a new atmosphere for a familiar song. However as we pick each song from our catalog to play we plan on not limiting ourselves to the same formula over and over. We hope to be creative in how we will approach each song individually. This will at times lend to having other elements underneath the both of us while we are playing. The set that we will be playing will cover songs from all our albums to date, and hopefully some new songs from our upcoming record. We're calling this "Pinback Presents the Rob and Zach Show." This by no means signals the end to how we've toured in the past with a full band. We will always continue to perform that way as well. "Pinback Presents" simply gives us and fans another avenue in which to see and hear all the Pinback songs that Rob and I have written over the years and keeps us in a creative space.
Anyway I've always backed out of going to their shows, usually because it was a weeknight or something (this one is too...but no more excuses) and I'm not that big of a concert goer anyway. But I've missed probably 3-4 here in Seattle. I plan to see them the next time too, hopefully with a full band.