Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 08:41 AM   #205 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron9567 View Post
Quick question, the song titled as bloom. What genre are you seeing it as. Also is there any bands you can picture doing this song. I'm asking this so I have an idea of the kind of feel for this song. And how this song might sound to you.
thanks
the iron man
Hello iron man,

Thanks for reading! While I wrote the "Bloom" lyrics, Feist's "Let it Die" was in my mind, since I had heard that song for the first time last month up in the "favourite love song" pop thread. (Her song was someone's favorite "anti-love" song!) I liked the song's simplicity and feeling of melancholy quite a bit. And, of course, her emotional voice.

While I have the tune for "Bloom," I haven't decided on which instruments to use, but I imagine very simple instrumentals. To be honest, I don't know what genre Feist's song is. Soul? A little jazz? Here's her song, so now you'll know what I mean. Thanks again for taking the time to read and ask a question!

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 05-31-2010 at 09:07 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote