Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 09:05 AM   #2712 (permalink)
Insane Guest
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Why? Doesnt it depend what you are listening to? Lyrics CAN be key to the overall quality of the music you are listening to but not exclusively.

I don't listen to much hair metal but if i was gonna put a hair metal band on i probably wouldnt even be paying any attention to the lyrics but i certainly wouldnt be using that criteria to judge them.

And what about instrumental music? If lyrics are important to ANY song or to any band then instrumental bands would all just fall flat on their arse, wouldnt they?

What about bands that dont write or sing in English, or a language you understand. I enjoy a fair bit of music where i literally have no idea what the lyrics are. They could be about anything.
You took my "any" way too seriously. What I mean is I, and I mean I, focus not only the music, but also listen to the lyrics. I am the type of person who plays the song twice, once to enjoy it, and the second time to try and make out the lyrics. I don't base my liking on the lyrics, many songs on my library I hate the lyrics, but I still listen to them.

I love instrumetal rock/metal songs, they're actually my favorite kind of music, an all instrumental band would be amazing.

Lyrics might have different meaning to different people. I for one don't judge based on lyrics, but it is interesting hearing what goes along with that guitar riff.