Music Banter - View Single Post - The Anime/Manga thread
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #278 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
I mostly watch Anime for action.Without action it does not feel right at ALL. My favorite Anime of all time right now would be Gundam 00.Story,action,AND character that are not a complete pain.

I need to catch up with FMA soon,and watch the latest One Piece episode.I am watching Shippuden,and Naruto Vs. Pein will determine if I keep watching Shippuden,because lately Naruto has been going downhill.It's also up to Ulquiorra Vs. Ichigo to see if I keep watching Bleach,and so far I am really impressed.
Bleach is easily the best fighting shonen for me but it suffers from the same issues that plagues other shows in the genre. Mainly how the people behind the anime have a hard time keeping up with the manga, which means that subplots can be REALLY stretched out. The first 3 seasons of the anime flowed perfectly well because all that stuff had already been written. But since the arrancar arc things have been going at a much slower pace.

I mean it's been a few years and Ichico and pals are STILL in heuco mundo, and in the actual story they have been there for like, I dunno, a day or two? Yeah that's a pretty common thing for these kinda shows. And to be fair, when you have to keep up with like 50 characters at once it ain't easy and I applaude the efforts of the writers to keep developing every character and let no plot points slip through (you know like Lost).

I got pretty annoyed by how that fight between Ishida and Renji and that pink haired arrancar guy went on forever, but once Byakuya, Kenpachi, Mayuri and the other soul reaper guys showed up it has really picked up the pace. Personally I'd rather they not stretch the main storyline out so much, if that means they have to make more filler episodes to give Tite Kubo more time to work on the manga then so be it, at least you can skip those.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 06-08-2010 at 12:15 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote