Music Banter - View Single Post - Prayers answered? Good Luck? Mind over matter?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 07:56 AM   #35 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

If there is one thing that bothers me about Christianity - well, ok, there are a lot of things - but, one of the big ones is how a literal interpretation of the bible has produced a personified God. Everyone imagines a big guy up in the sky with beard and robe deciding what he should be doing to/for us all the time. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. For one, God would not have a physical manifestation. God would be an all pervading energy that lives within everything. Why would he need a body? He is an all powerful intelligence and a body would just limit him. Praying "to him" is a completely fruitless effort. There is no one entity to pray to...God would be everything all the time.

The above is just one of the things I've thought about over the years, and I'm not sure what I firmly believe in terms of a greater power, but I feel there are definitely greater energies at work than what we can see. I think the only reason we would call that energy God is because we aren't even close to understanding it scientifically. Creating a religion and worshiping something out of a lack of understanding is just something humans do to help rationalize the world around them, but I am of the belief that nothing is beyond explanation.