Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you religious?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 02:21 AM   #272 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
^

I can't pretend to be able to define what specifically happens with reincarnation (I don't believe we can come back as animals), but I believe it happens in some capacity. Religions have turned it into nothing more than the heaven/hell crap, but reincarnation in itself is very logical.

I just want to point out Christians believed in reincarnation when it was first spreading.
Reincarnation is an interesting concept, one of which I find more plausible than and preferable to most religious doctrine but I don't really see how it would work, if it's just a soul recycling process then the fact that our population grows more everyday means that not every soul can possibly be the product of reincarnation so who and what is creating these new souls?

I have an alternative belief that I consider more likely because I do actually believe in spirits and supernatural phenomena to an extent, and that is that there is no rule of god or heaven or hell system (at least in the way most religions define it) and there may or may not be reincarnation but there is an afterlife, and leaving this world just means departing for some mirror reality where all spirits reside, but sometimes they can cross the border to our reality but not the other way around.

It's possible that reincarnation happens, maybe (hopefully) by choice and is a way to balance things, as in the material world is on one side of the hourglass and the spiritual or whatever it is is on the other but unlike a normal hourglass we trade spiritual energy orwhatwhateverthef*cksylviabrownecallsit back and forth and it's a way of keeping one side from being too crowded. Or maybe spirits on the other side (which may be like an alternate reality that is just as "physical" as the here and now) can actually die and then come back here reincarnated or whatever so life and death is just going around in circles between alternate worlds or realities.

If this sounds like a bunch of pretentious supernatural sh*t I can't blame you, I cringe when anyone goes on about this stuff but as an agnostic I find this to be how it is likely to be if there is an afterlife at all, and it's a way to explain both spirits and reincarnation. And it's certainly something I think would be cooler than anything else that's ever been preposed on the issue.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 07-18-2010 at 02:26 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote