Music Banter - View Single Post - Nevermind, let's talk about the same handful of bands that suck ad nauseum
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 08:26 PM   #451 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by telepicker View Post
tomato/tomato.

My point stands unchallenged.
What point? You told me to read exactly what you post. I was just following your instructions.

Quote:
David Bowie is NOT a "Philadelphia Soul" artist - he may have indeed put out a couple of records that borrowed freely from that subgenre of a regional music scene...but I always referred to TWD and Young Americans as "blue-eyed soul" - a direct precursor to Micheal Bolton.
You're right, whoever put Bowie on the list shouldn't have put him there. So what though?

Quote:
So we can indirectly thank Philly for Michael Bolton, Disco, and that homogenized cream cheese.
Huh? How about indirectly thanking Philly for the O'Jays instead?

Quote:
as for everyone else on that list - meh.

There are a couple decent artists on there, but no one that stands out and makes me go "Philly is a ROCKING town!"
Quote:
Meh.

Ween and the Roots are ok.

The Dead Milkmen were funny for a second...

But, again, nothing on THAT list makes me go "Philly is a ROCKING town!"
Your loss I guess. I've never made the claim that Philly is the greatest music city on the planet or anything, I'm just simply refuting your claim that there isn't "a single decent band" from here.

Quote:
...and they haven't released a record worth listening to in 10 years, easy.
I'm sorry but this right here is self-evidentally bullshit to anyone with even a passing interest in current loud music.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote