Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Deepest Musical Secret
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 12:42 PM   #837 (permalink)
scottsy
Untalented Drummer

Modern music doesn't suck at all. There's absolutely tons of great stuff out there, fresh for the listening, ready for your ears to devour. People's ears just need to be switched on. They need to ditch commercial radio almost entirely because that isn't doing anything new anymore, end of story. Go online. Hit up lastfm. Pandora, whatever other similar sites there are out there. You'll find gobs and gobs of awesome amazing stuff, all tailored to your very own tastes in most cases. The beauty is you get sort through it THINK FOR YOURSELF and tailor your own tastes and library accordingly.

It's actually a freaking great time to get into music, just get off your ass and quit being spoonfed a bunch of crap from an industry model that is dead or at least dying.

As Peter Gabriel put it... 'The music industry is dead, but there's still plenty of interesting creatures crawling out of the carcass".