Music Banter - View Single Post - Empowering or Degrading?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 08:36 AM   #29 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannister View Post
Well, I had an ex about a year ago who was a very, very strong believer that prostitution and stripping were fantastic professions to work in. He was also under the delusion that most of the women involved were otherwise well-adjusted, substance-free and just doing it to get through college. It led to more than a few arguments.

In fact, when I was hard up and living in my car (completely different story), he actually encouraged me to do prostitution. His reasoning was that because he thought I enjoyed sex, I would enjoy sex with complete strangers and I would be able to "choose" my customers, so it wouldn't be "that bad". Never mind the fact that I was underage then.

/coolstorysis
haven't you seen documentaries on prostitution? they're ALWAYS nice, well adjusted girls getting themselves through school / hard knocks....

@Vegangelica - it's really hard to say how things would go in a society like you described. i remember a few years ago legislation was being passed in Ontario (and possibly a few other provinces) allowing women to go topless in public. hasn't really resulted in a change in attitudes towards genders yet, nor did i ever see fresh boobs getting sun when i lived in the province either. personally, being a pessimist, i think that making it more socially acceptable and tolerated would have an increase in the behavior, though it might be easier to get treatment for those who become destructive (not unlike the way alcohol is handled).

@ BooBoo - STFU and read what Vanilla said, you really are clueless in this discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote