Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 06:48 AM   #220 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Thank you, Liz, for reading and understanding and telling me. It is comforting to know one is not alone.

When I sit in the oncology waiting rooms, I find a lot of us there...family members, survivors...share smiles, even though we don't know each other. I think it is because we know how lucky we are to even be alive together with our loved-ones for just a little longer. It is sad, though, when the illusion of permanence falls away.

Thanks again for your thoughts. I find that when I am in a situation I can't change, at least sharing the feelings helps, because that is something one can do: acknowledge what you have and what you don't want to lose. Plus, I'm making sure to see my dad almost every day and sneak in more meaningful moments so he and I can both have them: walk by our old house; go hiking in some nearby hills since we can't get to mountains, which he loves; listen to some Bach, his favorite composer, together; enjoy organic strawberries. And I'm reading primary research papers about salvage chemotherapy treatment options! I like to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

I've been meaning to make a song for him for over a year now, something classical, because he likes that and loathes popular music...so I feel more motivation to do that now. Having a deadline always motivates me.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 08-09-2010 at 10:13 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote