Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 07:13 AM   #27 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
I don't think that anyone who hasn't been in that kind of state can even begin to assess whether suicide is cowardly or not. It's all in the mindset, and depression really alters your judgement.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
When you think suicidal thoughts yes it is selfish but only because you want to take away the pain.

I just want to add though that I am generally okay and write poetry to get out any negativity. I plan on making a book out of it.
And this.

I think most people who kill themselves do so because they feel anything is preferable to the excruciating emotional pain of living that they are experiencing. I suspect many people who want to kill themselves wrestle with feeling it is selfish and escapist, and then that probably makes them feel worse about themselves. Labeling people as selfish for being unable to figure a way out of their suffering doesn't help.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"