Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 01:35 AM   #2320 (permalink)
IamAshley
Groupie

Hello. Ashley the noob here with a question: Could anyone recommend a particular band/artist/song, in particular one that would be apt to do a duet, male/female or male/male vocal’s that are dark in tone. I’m a fan of The Dead Weather and I like the blend of Jack and Alison’s vocals so something somewhat like that but perhaps a little less rock but with a sexy/dreamy edge. Some of my favorites include the duets that Nick Cave has done with Kylie and PJ. I also love the duets that Mike Patton has done in his Lovage project with Jennifer as well. A few other songs that have the vibe that I like is ‘Blood’ by The Band of Skulls, the delicate vocals of the song ‘Little by Little’ by Blue Foundation as well as 'A life All Mine' by The Gathering and ‘Come on over (turn me on)’ by Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan (I love the albums that they did together). I prefer both the male and female vocals to be clear so I am not so keen on the death growls from men like you hear in some of the harder edged bands that have the male/female vocals. Now for male/male two songs come to mind: one is ‘Without you I’m nothing’ by Placebo with Bowie and the other is ‘Passenger’ by Deftones with MJK. I’m looking in particular for something dark and dreamy and/or a perhaps a bit of rock with a seductive/dark edge. So, any recommendations?
IamAshley is offline   Reply With Quote