Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 06:15 PM   #101 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMS View Post
^ Exactly that. Let's just say you were given a life in prison sentence and your choices are checking out early, or living that miserable experience for however long you remain in conscious existence. I'm a person that loves life and has never been depressed andnever has thought of suicide and I'd probably lean towards checking out, because all pleasure and positive experiences in life would be over anyway and I'd have no point of existing beyond likely being victimized repeatedly.

Justice from others point of view wouldn't be a deciding factor...
that's the entire point of contention though...

you wouldn't end up with a life sentence if you didn't deny pleasure and positive experiences from others for your own gain, you wouldn't end up in that situation if you didn't repeatedly victimize people and their existences (from a Canadian perspective and not counting the 1 in a million chance of being wrongfully convicted).

so now because YOU would be on the verge of having limitations put on your existence and your opportunities for happiness it's OK to consider suicide?

consider this piece of garbage - Robert Pickton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

he WILL be jailed for life. so now it's OK for him to start considering suicide and avoiding facing punishment for his action? because he won't be able to enjoy the positivity and pleasure of killing women on his farm anymore? he won't get to enjoy sick jollies of selling meat from the victims back to the community (if rumors are to be believed). boo hoo

of course life sentence prisoners consider suicide, the point of the life sentence is for the pieces of living garbage to experience the denial of positivity and pleasure they forcibly took from their victims. their continued victimized existence serving as a reminder to the society of what will happen to people who would consider repeating their actions.

seriously, you guys are talking like getting a life sentence just kind of happens, like 'oh geez, i got the flu last week, then i did groceries yesterday, now i got a 25 year jail sentence, talk to you guys later!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,