Music Banter - View Single Post - Born in the wrong generation
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 09:25 AM   #55 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

I think the bottom line is, you have issues with Pop stars who use technology to make themselves sound better? That doesn't mean modern music is bad, it means that some parts of it is bad. A lot of modern bands don't use the things that are available to them, because they want a more pure sound. A lot of proper artists will choose to use certain things available to them in the studio, and ignore others - and that's fine. I think we had our wires crossed, because I thought you meant technology is bad full stop. But you did mention Hip-Hop... I don't think there's anything wrong with technology in genres like Hip-Hop and Techno. You weren't clear on that, I thought you were just writing it off all together. If the likes of Justin Bieber who have very little talent want to make themselves sound good through using autotune or whatever, then good luck to them. Modern music transcends that, because a lot of modern artists would never do that. I just think it's really quite easy to look at all the bad and judge it without really focusing on the good.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote