Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #226 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidti View Post
Hi, Erica!
I'm sorry, I'm late, I know, but it is summertime and the weather is fine... :-)
Wow, these are such nice lyrics, I like it very much! A very good beginning with "coffee-colored" because it's almost a bit unexpecting and zooms very artful from the coffee-colored things to the coffee itself. And it's really so elegant and fascinating how you mention the problems of the world based on this banal coffee, great!
But I would add one thing: The first, I associate with coffee is to wake up, so I think such a "wake up" would fit quite well in your lyrics, e.g. that the people have to wake up or something like that, I think, you know what I mean!
Unfortunately, I didn't write something about coffee, because I had no idea what to write and therefore I'm even more fascinated what you made out of it, that you can make the world a better place with lyrics about coffee!

~Schmidti
Schmidti! Hello! I'm glad you've been enjoying your warm German summer, hopefully some of it spent zipping around on that bike of yours!

Ooo! "Elegant and fascinating!" I couldn't have hoped for any kinder review of my "Coffee" lyrics than that. I'm really quite pleased you appreciated my negativism. And that you actually read the lyrics and commented! (Maybe you aren't a coffee drinker, so you didn't take them personally.)

I hesitated to use "wake up" because then my strident lyrics would be even *more* strident. There is nothing that irritates people more than being told to wake up. Even if they should.

I still plan to write about the garden vole. You got your garden vole lyrics done! I will have to work harder now, since I am behind. I hope you are well and that your exams are all done and went fine. I'm happy to see you back at MB! I wasn't sure you were going to return.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 09-07-2010 at 09:08 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote