Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 05:55 PM   #2359 (permalink)
dankrsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I'd love to find some more Shoegaze, I don't have a lot. My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive, Mazzy Star.

Either some really great Shoegaze, or Shoegaze with a Dream Pop feel to it would be great. I really Souvlaki and So Tonight That I Might See.
Ride, Loop and I'm also joining in recommendations for Cranes and Cocteau Twins. But, I really want to recommend this underrated band, hardly mentioned here, Pale Saints. I only listened to one album, but I used to listen to it a lot - The Comforts of Madness (1990) (I think they don't have that many albums)

This song is long about 5 min. and so, but this video is longer for unknown reasons (lots of silence after song ends). Also there's a song on this album called 'Fell from the Sun', which is actually a cover of the original song from Opal, another great band from the 80s. They're not exactly shoegaze, more like neo-psychedelia. What might be of interest to you is that from this band Mazzy Star emerged, after Hope Sandoval replaced Kendra Smith.