Music Banter - View Single Post - Church Plans on Burning Qur'an on September 11th
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #79 (permalink)
rondo
Music Addict

I'm also of the view that "I just happen to think that in this day and age, burning the Koran is a pretty dumb idea. No?".

My opinion is that this is not about what's 'right' or what's 'wrong'. It has nothing to do with 'freedom of expression' or any other philosophy. It's just purely for the sake of common sense! It would offend me the least regardless of which religious texts are burnt, but there are religious fanatics out there ready to pounce on even the slightest of opportunities in the name of 'reason' and 'god' to continue this 'holy war' against the west. And surely, putting people's lives in danger doesn't seem like a good idea. I do understand the importance of religious tolerance to be cultivated globally and that people should have a stronger mind so that such events doesn't warrant a violent response, but how would it in anyway change the terrorists?! Surely, there are better ways to get this point across.