Music Banter - View Single Post - Where do you get your music/music information?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 07:25 AM   #39 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

One of the things I have done in the past is creep on other peoples' Facebook profiles. I'll go to profiles of Facebook friends who appear to have good taste in music, take any bands I've never heard of, and youtube them. If I like what I hear, I get the music.

I've also become somewhat addicted to TasteKid.com, honestly. I get on there, type in a band or a few bands I've been in the mood to listen to, and it usually gives decent recommendations of other bands I might like, which I then proceed to check out on youtube. Again, I download 'em if I like what I hear.

I've also been known to check out bands artists I admire list in their influences or mention in interviews. A lot of the time, they're good for liking music that I turn out to be interested in. There have been a few exceptions (Trey Anastasio singing the praises of Paramore, for example) but mostly it's pretty dead on.

Finally, when I'm really hard up for new music, I go to music blogs (generally with a progressive, avant garde, electronic, and psychedelic emphasis lately) which post full albums, and check out the stuff that sounds interesting.
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote