Music Banter - View Single Post - Sennheiser 595 Headphones
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 02:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3migo View Post
I've been hearing mixed reviews about Sennheiser, so I wasn't quite sure what to think. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the difference between Open and closed ear headphones, if you could explain it, I'd appreciate it.
kudos on the ebay score

the primary difference in open and closed ear headphones is in how the cup is designed and manufactured.

open ear normally has a mesh or some sort of grill covering the outside edge of the cup which allows air and sound to travel freely in both directions.

the biggest pro for open ear is comfort, you don't get that half headache feeling after an extended listening session. the con is that because air flows both ways ambient noise can bleed into what you're listening to and anyone around you WILL hear whatever is coming through your set.

closed ear is, well, the opposite haha basically a hard plastic shell which forces the sound to be rebounded back into your ear. great for sound isolation and shorter listening sessions, but comfort normally diminishes the longer you wear them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote