Music Banter - View Single Post - So, if a topics been covered in the past we can no longer discuss it? Huh???
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 08:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
The Fascinating Turnip
Moper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxwired View Post
Well, this policy promotes people only reading the last post and then responding. As a forum member on many sites, this is not the typical posting pattern. I usually don't like to post on a multi-page thread without reading all the history first. However, with your policy, I'm forced to append to old tired threads with hundreds of dead posts preceeding my post. Therefore I must assume everyone is doing that to some extent. So when responding to threads, I will just ignore the 20 old pages and only read the last post or two and respond to that. I mean what would be the point of quoting a 2 month old post and responding to it anyway? That author is very unlikely to even see that I'm responding to his post 2 months later. Again, seems retarded, but you guys seem to like it, so I'll give your approach a try.
Do you want information or just a good old chat?

If you want information (and that would be what makes the most sense) just read the bloody "20 pages". If you want a chat use the shoutbox.

We get people like you everyday, getting mad because their thread got deleted and barging in like they own the place. If you're going to criticise one of the fundamental rules of this forum avoid the word retarded, being disrespectful won't get you any friends.

New users are always welcome, multiple threads on the same subject clutter the website. Take a moment to read the forum rules (you obviously didn't) and search (or perhaps ask a mod) if a thread on the subject already exists.

As Thrice already said, if you add your question to the appropriate thread (and if it hasn't been answered already, in some way), you'll most likely get a response.