Music Banter - View Single Post - So, if a topics been covered in the past we can no longer discuss it? Huh???
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
jaxwired
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unchained Ballad View Post
Do you want information or just a good old chat?

If you want information (and that would be what makes the most sense) just read the bloody "20 pages". If you want a chat use the shoutbox.

We get people like you everyday, getting mad because their thread got deleted and barging in like they own the place. If you're going to criticise one of the fundamental rules of this forum avoid the word retarded, being disrespectful won't get you any friends.

New users are always welcome, multiple threads on the same subject clutter the website. Take a moment to read the forum rules (you obviously didn't) and search (or perhaps ask a mod) if a thread on the subject already exists.

As Thrice already said, if you add your question to the appropriate thread (and if it hasn't been answered already, in some way), you'll most likely get a response.
I don't want information. I almost never do. I don't come here for information. I am only interested in back and forth debate and discussion. Reading old posts for information has zero interest for me. Now maybe this is atypical. Probably there is a mixture of both types of members. I suspect many people that are just interested in information don't even join, they just lurk. I'm sure there's tons of that. I would also suspect that the people that join are more often interested in debate and discussion like me, but that's just a guess.

So, for someone like myself that doesn't care about the valuable info contained in the prior 20 pages and is just looking for discussion, appending to old threads is not very appealing. Hopefully you can see that.

However, I can understand your point of view. Sorry if I offended anyone. None of you seem retarded to me. However, I still don't like the policy.

Just to be clear, in future, before posting a new topic, I should search to see if there are similar active threads and just append to those, correct?

Ok, but you can't make me read them...