Music Banter - View Single Post - Vaccination/Immunization -- Why is there a problem?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
So basically what we're looking at is some doctor publishing a flawed study, the media latching onto it, and all the housewives simply believing the most controversial thing?

It just seems that something this important wouldn't still be a subject of debate if there were definitive answers. Where are all the studies that absolutely prove either case?
Me personally, I would vaccinate my kids if I had any. I'm just wondering why I know people who would take the risk of leaving their children open to the same diseases that killed many people before we had an answer for it, because of what's looking to be a theoretical link to Autism.
If I didn't know any better, I would have to assume that everyone here who's been vaccinated is Autistic.
Yeah, I agree with you in entirety FD. There are countless studies that disprove the links between vaccinations and developmental or other disorders, but I think people still cling on to the whole 'mass scare' thing that was created by a very few minor, flawed, and inaccurate studies.

I was born with a disorder of the immune system so getting vaccinated when I was a baby/ child probably saved my life.