Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 07:11 AM   #1793 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I literally live 6 hours from the closest major city. I only get to go to shows once in a blue moon.
There aren't even smaller cities around you with clubs where lesser known bands play?

I live in a small city of about 20k people, and we don't have any real music venues here aside from the Paramount Arts Center, which mostly gets country acts, traveling Broadway shows, and things of that nature. I can go to the next city over, like, 30 minutes away and they have one decent music venue (acts like Freekbass, Hank III, Junior Brown, and Todd Snider, mostly), one arena which generally has crap booking (Excepting the Avett Brothers and Grace Potter & the Nocturnals show coming up), and a Riverfront which has lately been getting some decent acts (Saw Gov't Mule and Dark Star Orchestra there). As for seeing big shows or any manner of indie, folk, or real jam music, I'd have to travel at least three hours.

Oh, and I almost forgot: during the summer, my town has a festival thing called Summer Motion for which they book acts which were big back in the day, and a few well-known country acts. We've had like, Eddie Money, The Turtles, Micky Dolenz, Kansas, and The Lovin' Spoonful in the past few years. Better than nothing...
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote