Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #1795 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Awesome, glad you enjoyed it!

Thats how i felt watching Sunn O))). You just can't even imagine what a show of theirs would be like until you are there. You can even watch live footage and still know nothing. I'm not sure if i looked away from the stage even once, hardly said a word during and even for a couple of minutes afterwards.

I imagine Swans would be a similar experience but sadly, i've never had the pleasure.
It's funny, I saw Sunn O))) open for !!! back in 2003 and at the time had never heard of them. I like them now but I must say I didn't enjoy them at all that night. I had gone to that show still reeling from a bad breakup with an ex-girlfriend of mine and in desperate need to shake my ass to some dancepunk grooviness. Heavy, droning guitar was really not what I was in the mood for at all. I'm just curious what crackhead put !!! and Sunn O))) on a bill together.

I'd actually love to see Sunn O))) again now that I'm familiar with them and would know what to expect.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote