Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Taught Me Something
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #122 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
funny. Weezer is the only band in V&Fs 90s list that i've never been able to get into. just sounded like they were trying to hard to be like the 'cool' kids. instead of just saying 'you know what? f0ck it!' like the actual 'cool' kids did.
I think one of the reasons I can enjoy Weezer now is because I never felt like I was completely bombarded with them back in the day like I did with those other bands. That said, I'm not really a Weezer fan, I just enjoy a few of their songs.

Quote:
as for the whole 'bands Janszoon likes' game this has turned into let's try

trans am
add n to (x)
mouse on mars
autechre
jega

the first 3 i'm pretty much certain the last 2 just seem appropriate.
You're right about Trans Am, Mouse On Mars and Autechre, but I've never listened to Add N to (X) and never even heard of Jega. Sounds like I should probably check both of them out though.

Quote:
having said that, your list did prompt me to digitally dust off an oldie

Janszoon LOVES this band
Haha. Believe it or not there was actually a time that I did like 311, briefly. My brother bought Music when it came out and I listened to a bit here and there and enjoyed it. At the time I liked it because it reminded me of a band I loved, Rise Robots Rise. But I lost interest in 311 pretty quickly. Then they got popular and I started hearing them a lot, which made me start to get really sick of them. Then I had a roommate who was obsessed with them and listened to them every fucking day and I grew to hate them.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote