Music Banter - View Single Post - Mini-Review The Song Above You
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #97 (permalink)
Dayvan Cowboy
Basscadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutnuckle View Post
It's unfortunately true; a vocalist with a range as insane as Tim Buckley shouldn't have gone as unnoticed as he did.

I like the contrasting elements in the song; I've always been fond of things like light guitar harmonics contrasting an otherwise loud sound, like around the opening of this. Even if it only happens for a few seconds, it's always badass in one way or another. I don't particularly like the vocalists but then again, I never let a discontent for a vocalist throw me off the music entirely. Guitar parts, are for the most part creative, never reducing themselves to redundantly playing their same old shpeal over the repeating bassline... Something like that. I'm not really that heavy into the genre enough to analyze it much further, but it was more than enjoyable. I'll expect myself to find my way to an album of theirs someday.

YouTube - Leonard Cohen - Famous Blue Raincoat-Lyrics
Im usually not into music like this (lyrically oriented), but those lyrics are stunning. 8/10

now, here's some avant-garde music from my hero:
YouTube - Tyondai Braxton - Jackpot

(if the song isn't treating you right at the beginning, there are two distinct parts in the song, an intro instrumental and then there's manipulated singing in the second half.)
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote