Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #2469 (permalink)
Ziarigi
Groupie

Well, I came here primarily with the intention of broadening my musical horizons, so...

At this moment in time, I can't get enough of the White Lies song Death, I was a fan of the first two Killers albums, I enjoy Kasabian, Bloc Party and Editors too. I'd say I like rock/pop anthemic music. I'm also a fan of the likes of Keane, Athlete and Snow Patrol but I find that I'm very much guided towards these types of bands through recommendations of friends and don't really know where to begin in finding new bands to get into. The rest of the acts I'm a fan of I can't really categorise or group together, so I'll just list them: The ****enies, (We Are) Performance, Goldspot, Siobhan Donaghy, Angus & Julia Stone, Ed Sheeran, We Are Scientists amongst others.

I had a last.fm account for a while but deleted it because I was fast becoming obsessed with play counts rather than listening to music for the sake of listening to music; but I did utilise it to try and find bands I would like based on what I listened to, and found a few songs I liked by Guillemots, Vega4, Delays, Thirteen Senses and Morning Runner. I like bass heavy dance tracks too but I get enough of that if I just take a look at the Top 40 in the UK. Anyway, I hope someone can try and assess all of that and send me in the right direction! Cheers
Ziarigi is offline   Reply With Quote