Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you religious?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 10:31 AM   #341 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Black Poppies View Post
Well, yeah, some things are easy to agree on, where some things are more vague and questionable. And ultimately it is up to each person to make a choice about what they believe about those grey areas.

And you're right, societal structure is a big part of that. But society is just made up of people. If those morals were instilled in you, by what? By your family, your friends, your town--are those not higher powers? I'm not talking about anything supernatural, I'm talking about people affecting each other on a grand scale across place and time--that the big world you refer to is a different way of seeing what some people call god (I'm consciously not capitalizing), made up of billions of little moving parts making decisions about whether to take the chick at the bar home or not.
Morals are instilled through parents, friends, surroundings you grow up around, the environment you grow up in, things you witness (like parents behavior). Those aren't the 'higher powers' I was referring to. I was talking about a God or something unearthly. I just still don't see how you are basically relating society and God. It makes no sense.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote