Music Banter - View Single Post - Nevermind, let's talk about the same handful of bands that suck ad nauseum
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 05:31 PM   #768 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

... or just never liked them in the first place.

Anyhow for the people who dislike The Beatles, I want to see if your reasons run parallel with mine.

Way back in the day when I was a fresh faced 14-year old my dad got that Beatles 1 CD and told me that I should listen to it because he thought I would really like it. Now my dad had already been right about Pink Floyd and Tool so I listened to it and it just didn't click with me. I didn't like the songs, the lyrics, the instrumentation, or the production. Fair enough thought my dad, at least I gave it a try. Well fast forward a few months to when I discovered my first Internet forum (Taborama) and there was a Beatles thread. I posted my findings in a professional and respectful manner as to not offend anyone and was met by either waves of criticism or people telling me to listen to their own special mixes, many of which contained the songs I had already tried and didn't like. Before then I just didn't like The Beatles, but after being told that I had misinterpreted my own opinion, a mere dislike turned into full on hatred. So in conclusion, fuck The Beatles.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote