Music Banter - View Single Post - Nevermind, let's talk about the same handful of bands that suck ad nauseum
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #789 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

The Beatles were the right band at the right time simple as that. I grew up with The Beatles (as did many over the age of 25) and they form such an intrinsic part of modern music especially in the U.K but I rarely listen to them anymore and they are certainly not the be all and end of all of what the 60's were about and many many bands in that era made far more experimental music than they did.

However whether you like them or not, they did further modern music more than any other band at that time. Whether that was sheer talent, luck or a combination of both is beyond doubt.

For a band that could arguably be compared to a modern day boy band and make relatively bland and safe music to becoming a band that grew with each album both musically and technically is no mean feat.

I don't like Rolling Stones all that much but I wouldn't take a swipe at their late 60's/early 70's output just because I am not a big fan. They still pushed boundaries and made an effort to extend themselves whatever the results may be and that should always be applauded in my eyes.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote