Music Banter - View Single Post - Lingerie Football League (American Football)
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
I only wish that was true...

Besides, I think that the fact she has so many official makeup kits, dress up kits, etc, and the fact she so leads young girls to imitate her rather than formulate unique personalities is far more exploitive to women than ANY lingerie bowl.

As silly as the lingerie bowl is, it's just about selling sex to men for stimulation. Young women are NOT going to look up to a bunch of floozies in lingerie as much as they will a "free spirited" figure like Gaga.

This lingerie bowl I just don't like, it's silly. However, it doesn't rot the minds of thousands who could be aspiring themselves. Gaga fit herself into a "sexy" mold because she knew that she couldn't sell albums without doing that.

Telling anybody who might be inspired by her it's more important to make money than truly have control over one own's self image. Say what you want, but that's always the way it's appeared to me.

I do however commend the mentioning of the real female football league. Obviously, to support the message, it's something that deserves exposure.
Yes, I was pleased to find out about the real female football league, too, Skaligojurah! I didn't know one existed until I checked online before making my post earlier. Then I was annoyed that I'd never heard of the league before...and certainly never saw it on prime-time TV!

I didn't realize young girls are copying Gaga...although I remember a young boy singing Paparazzi very passionately. Wait, now...oh yes...there was a video of female dancers dressed up like Gaga. My guess is that people will probably copy both Gaga and the Lingerie League, because people often want to be popular and they copy what other people who get attention are doing.

Yep, the Lingerie League is an example of women selling sexual titillation to men. Same old, same old. It irks me that men aren't encouraged as heavily to be in the "sexy" mold. And I have issues with the sexy mold anyway.

Also, I don't like the selling part. If someone is going to try to turn someone else on, I want it to be a gift, not a business transaction. But even if the Lingerie League weren't pay-for-view, I'd still be bothered by it, because I don't like sexuality being the main method by which human interaction occurs. This doesn't mean I'm against people's sexuality, though.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote