Music Banter - View Single Post - Lingerie Football League (American Football)
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Yes, I was pleased to find out about the real female football league, too, Skaligojurah! I didn't know one existed until I checked online before making my post earlier. Then I was annoyed that I'd never heard of the league before...and certainly never saw it on prime-time TV!

I didn't realize young girls are copying Gaga...although I remember a young boy singing Paparazzi very passionately. Wait, now...oh yes...there was a video of female dancers dressed up like Gaga. My guess is that people will probably copy both Gaga and the Lingerie League, because people often want to be popular and they copy what other people who get attention are doing.

Yep, the Lingerie League is an example of women selling sexual titillation to men. Same old, same old. It irks me that men aren't encouraged as heavily to be in the "sexy" mold. And I have issues with the sexy mold anyway.

Also, I don't like the selling part. If someone is going to try to turn someone else on, I want it to be a gift, not a business transaction. But even if the Lingerie League weren't pay-for-view, I'd still be bothered by it, because I don't like sexuality being the main method by which human interaction occurs. This doesn't mean I'm against people's sexuality, though.
Men are encouraged to be in the "rich and famous" mold. So they can score one of those "objectified" women so she can live off of them for a few years and then get divorced and take half of everything. Then she doesn't have to be objectified anymore. What a happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote