Music Banter - View Single Post - Should US Legalize Marijuana?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 05:39 AM   #362 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
My opinion is just based on my experience with the people I've known who smoked pot...so you may be right that how people integrate it into their lives and are affected by it depends on the person. I just haven't ever seen any positives come from people using pot for non-medical reasons, other than their pleasure at the moment.

I generally feel drugs should be legalized so they become dirt cheap, as long as there is a massive public education program to teach people why not to use them. My main reason for legalization is the elimination of the lucrative and illegal drug trade that leads to so many people being killed.

My dad suggests that drugs should be sold in grocery stores in the rat poison aisle, to try to get people to think twice.
You really think this is going to prevent hormonal, peer pressured teens to not smoke it all the time? I think the intelligence levels of people would drop rapidly. I could smoke it all the time if I wanted, but to be honest it's not my thing. Just because it's illegal doesn't stop people who want to smoke it from smoking it.