Music Banter - View Single Post - Any other anarchists on here?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
No, I'm pretty much saying that all of the *******s would destroy everyone else because they would have a world with no consequences.
I doubt it would be a world of no consequence. Assuming we all had the means to protect ourselves, the consequence of infringing on someone else's basic human rights would be more deadly and feared than any currently instituted legal policy. I think that instead of worrying about individual ass holes, the real concern should be of another large force of people rising to power with enough influence and support to enable them to call the shots without you being able to do anything about it at all.

I'm not saying the current system isn't a stable one... I'm just saying that if you think you're better off letting someone else dictate the terms of our own security, then you're going to accept whatever those terms may be or may become. I just think that's a dangerous road to be comfortable traveling on. Sadly, we can't really do much about it... and that's kinda the entire point.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote