Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 50 albums of TheFolkslave
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #31 (permalink)
TheFolkslave
Music Addict

42. Ef - Give Me Beauty... Or Give Me Death! (2006)

Genre: Post-rock

Ef was formed back in 2003 in Gothenburg, Sweden when the guys started to create beautifull melodious post-rock music in their rehearsal room. Ef creates their beautifull melodies with three guitars, bows, lots of effects, organs, glockenspiel, cello, laptops, melodica and trumpets. The result is emotional soundscapes filled with beautifull and warm melodies that make your heart melt away.
Ef has put out self recorded demos, a 7'' single and have released three full lenght albums and have done 10 full EU tours.
Give Me Beauty... Or Give Me Death! is the bands debute studio album released through their own And The Sound records which they run together with their fellow Gothenburg band Immanu El.

This is my favorite post-rock band so I decided it was fitting for them to be the first post-rock band on this list.
Im quite obsessed with this band and their music. The way they make post-rock feels perfect for me. Beautifull melodies full of emotion. I love all the cello and trumpet stuff they have. They use vocals very little in their music and the parts where the vocals come in are simply beautifull. Warm, soft vocals with quite emoish lyrics. You can hear the Minerals emo influence here and there in their music.
I have and autographed copy of Give Me Beauty... that I got when I went to see them earlier this year. It was one of the best gigs I've ever been to since the gig was great and we got to talk and hangout with the band after the gig. I now have a huge man crush on all of them

Track listing

1. Ett
2. Hello Scotland
3. Final Touch / Hidden Agenda
4. He Came, He Stayed, He Fell
5. Tomorrow My Friend...
6. ...We'll Meet in the End

Well I come from the old time baby, where all the kids are crazy.

Last edited by TheFolkslave; 11-09-2010 at 08:11 AM.
TheFolkslave is offline   Reply With Quote