Music Banter - View Single Post - How can I love music without getting in debt?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

It's not really the library goer, really. It's the whole "literary" attitude of the people running the library. IE. you'd be hard pressed to find a Slayer Album at Barnes, and Noble but you'd find ****loads of adult contemporary garbage, traditional chamber music, folky college pop, and some jazz.

I just always believed the purpose of a library was to showcase what was considered music of the cultural, and intellectual elite. I am NOT saying that they intelligent people don't listen to Slayer, I'm personally a massive Slayer fan, but just find it strange that it would get through the filters of people running libaries, assuming they can filter at all.

With that said, Reign In Blood is by far one of the most influencial metal albums, and with metal being an important genre in this day and age, I would consider it a cultural landmark when it comes to music. Personally believe it has a place in a library.

Even if, it probably was only there because somebody decided to donate it, and there was no descision making in the process, still slightly ironic if you consider the library lady attitude.
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote