Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 09:02 AM   #718 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Anyway, I say all that to say, you got the right idea. I don't think these people give a shit about Musicbanter in the same way that we do. That's why it's obviously tooth and nail to get even the little things done around here. All we are, are hits.
Well, the MB site owners are getting a little revenue from the ads, because I've seen several posted.

In fact, one of the ads is from www.drugfreeworld.org. You can get a booklet about why not to use marijuana! I thought that was funny and was going to post about it in the "should the U.S. legalize marijuana thread." Also, there is some company that advertises boots here.

But I agree, it looks like to the owners hits are hits, posts are posts, and members are members, regardless whether spam or not. So, if we are primarily an investment for them, rather than a way for them to express their undying love of music, we could either try to reduce our hits or increase them to get the site sold off to someone who may be more interested in it!

Since MusicBanter is a stud muffin thanks to Urban and Vanilla, I think reducing hits won't work. So, the only way to get the site sold off to impassioned owners is to increase the number of hits the site gets!

Which brings me back to my "Get Famous Musicians to Post Here" idea. My hopes, Freebase, are pinned on YOU.

So GET CRACKIN' with the songs so you can become even more famous!!! Then we will dangle you out there as a lure, with those eyebrows of yours wiggling like an anglerfish's thingamabob:

NEW MUSICBANTER MEMBERS ........................... FREEBASE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
If I was in the loop with Lady Gaga she'd be in my bed right now getting busy.
I guess then we could say that Lady Gaga would be in *your* loop...if you catch my drift.

Well, I still think you should invite her to visit MusicBanter to increase the number of hits we get. You could offer yourself as part of the b&b (?) to entice her in!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote